How to increase your speed very fast on the guitar is a training method that I use when encountering very fast and difficult parts of solos or songs. This technique isn’t an obvious one, and at first glance, it might seem ridiculous, but I swear by it. Just think of it like going to the gym 🙂
What is this good for:
- To increase your speed faster than any other way
- Maintain accuracy while doing it
- Get past “bottlenecks”
How to do it?
- Use a slow down app like “Anytune Pro” or a Metronome
- Focus in on the part. (shouldn’t be more than 10 seconds)
- Find your speed threshold. (The point where you start to make mistakes. Should be 5-10% higher than your comfort zone).
- Play in that zone 5-10 times even if you are failing and making mistakes
- Drop down back to your comfort zone for 3-5 times then go back over your speed threshold again.
- You need to create necessity for your body to grow and improve just like going to the gym.
- Your new comfort zone will be 5-10% higher than before.
- Now is a good time to drop back down and consolidate any gains that you just made.
- Repeat the steps until you are at 110%
If you hit a wall and just can’t improve, drop your speed by 5% until you are at least 25% slower than your threshold. Now increase by 5% playing each 2 times until you reach your threshold again. Try pushing it up
Try this out and let me know how it works for you. Also if you have any questions please let me know. You might not quite understand what I am saying. In that case, check out the video or comment down below.
0This topic was covered in a recent YouTube and Facebook video I just posted. You can check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5oLTG4cmp
My company Go Guitar Lessons teaches guitar in the Ottawa area. We cover Kanata, Stittsville, Barrhaven, Nepean, Riverside South, Orleans, Gloucester.